Gary is a proven executive leader with over 34 years of broad-based global experience building and leading businesses and functions in technology-based manufacturing environments. Throughout his career he has focused on developing and executing strategies to build high-performing teams, drive sales and earnings growth in local and emerging markets, lead strategic M&A activities, and manage people and operations in multicultural settings.
Following graduation, Gary gained valuable experience with the international accounting firm, Deloitte. He then began a successful 30-year career in the specialty chemicals sector with Rohm and Haas Company and Dow Chemical. After initial assignments in business financial management, Gary moved to business operations (marketing and general management) where he spearheaded a global strategic marketing alliance with Bayer AG that drove a business turn-around. He then spent 6 years in Asia where he led significant business restructuring and growth initiatives, including the negotiation and integration of a strategic business acquisition.
Gary returned to the U.S. to lead the well respected Rohm and Haas Investor Relations group, where he cultivated key relationships with the investment community and led internal efforts to drive enhanced enterprise value. He went on to hold executive positions as CFO of the $7 billion Rohm and Haas Chemicals Business Group and later as Vice-President/Global Business Director for Packaging Adhesives ($500 million in sales) within the Dow Chemical Advanced Materials division.
Following retirement from Dow Chemical, Gary has focused on community service in Greater Philadelphia through his extensive work with local non-profits. He currently advises small business clients through his association with SCORE Philadelphia. Gary is also a senior member of the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Children’s Alliance, having served on the Executive Committee and as Board Treasurer and chair of the Finance Committee.
- Philadelphia Children’s Alliance – 2012 to present
- SCORE Philadelphia – 2012 to present
- Planned Lifetime Assistance Network (PLAN) of PA – 2012 to 2014
- Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia (Pro-bono advisor to Executive Director & Board) – 2014 to 2015
- Toyo-Morton Adhesives, Ltd – 2009 to 2010
- MBA (Finance) – The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chairman’s Award – Rohm and Haas Company