Peter J. Mares is an entrepreneurial business advisor with a passion for working with small to mid-size businesses. He specializes in developing strategic objectives and tactical plans that transform companies, directly impacting and increasing profitability while improving efficiency and effectiveness.
He has a unique blend of consulting and corporate experience, working with and for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies, as well as small to mid-size companies. Peter is also the founder or co-founder of four businesses, one of which was spun out from a “Big 4” international accounting firm and he instrumental in growing the business to $125 million in revenue in six years.
Peter is an ardent believer that a company’s culture is the only long-term, sustainable competitive advantage. He is adept at guiding companies through the process of aligning all aspects of their business model with their strategic objectives, while fostering a compelling high performing culture. Peter also injects a playful and creative spirit to solving challenging operational, financial, and organizational problems.
He has held positions as Partner, Vice President Finance Global Operations, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial officer in diverse structures as KPMG, Unisys, and an AmLaw 200 law firm, as well as several mid-size and small companies.
- Ex officio board positions arising from CXO positions
- Financial and strategic advisor to boards arising from client relationships
- Various charitable and start up advisory boards
- General Management Program / The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Business Administration / George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Accounting, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
- Certified Public Accountant
- Speaker and panelist at numerous industry and process improvement conferences