Idea Creator and Positive Change Maker
William “Bill” Jones is a Business Leader/Transformer with Financial Acumen and an Authentic Relationship Builder. A board member, strategic advisor, and former public company C-suite leader (CEO and CFO) with deep public accounting and commercial banking experience that influences and steers organizations across issues involving business mergers and acquisitions, transformation, corporate turnarounds, risk, growth, and innovation. Bill has an inquisitive mind which allows for innovative ideas to thrive and is considered to be a positive change maker with the ability to align the stakeholders behind the higher purpose, goals or change.
Currently, Bill serves as a board member and audit committee member of Independence Bank, a $3.4 billion bank with operations across Kentucky. Additionally, he is on the board of the Commonwealth Fund for Kentucky Educational Television, where he chairs the Nominating Committee. At the end of 2022, Bill completed his service as the Non-Executive Chairman of Bon Secours Mercy Health of Kentucky and previously served on the Finance and Strategy Committee of the parent company.
Bill’s career experience includes leading as the CFO of a private business in the specialty chemicals space, the CEO and CFO of an SEC-registered bank holding company, and as a regional executive and division president for U.S. Bank (NYSE: USB), the fifth largest banking institution in the United States. He began his career as an auditor and licensed CPA for a Big Four firm (Ernst & Young), which provided him with broad exposure in representing SEC-registered companies across several industries, as well as privately held companies, start-ups, and high-growth organizations.
- Board Member & Audit Committee Member, Independence Bank (2023 – Present)
- Board Member & Nominating Committee Chair, Commonwealth Fund for KET (2014 – Present)
- Board Member (2010 – 2022); Board Chairman (2019 – 2022), Bon Secours Kentucky Health System
- Advisory Board, Finance & Strategy, Bon Secours Health System (2015 – 2019)
- Board Member, American Public Television Stations (APTS) (2015 – 2021)
- Board Member (2004 – 2010); Executive Committee (2008 – 2010); Chairman (2009 – 2010), Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Board Chairman, Paducah McCracken County Joint Sewer Agency (JSA) (2002 – 2008)
- Board Member, The Partnership Board, Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development (1995 – 2003)
- Board Member (1993 – 2002); Chairman (1999 – 2001), Greater Paducah Economic Development (GPEDC)
- Board Member (1988 – 1992); Chairman (1991 – 1992), Paducah Chamber of Commerce
- Independent Board President, Four Rivers Boy Scouts of America (1990)
- Board Member (1986 – 1990); Chairman (1989 – 1990), WKU National Alumni Association
- Member – National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Advisory Board & Chair of Program Committee, Nashville Chapter (2023 – Present)
- Member – Private Directors Association® (PDA)
Education, Licenses, and Certifications
- BS, Accounting, summa cum laude – Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- National Association of Corporate Directors – Directorship Certified® (NACD.DC)