Branding, Strategy, Marketing Communications
Gerry Lantz, founder of Stories That Work, is a “creative guy in a business suit.” He is a branding expert, marketing strategist, and content developer—a bit of a trifecta. Stories drive everything Gerry does. His narrative tools result in differentiating brand identities and motivating stories that not only sell today but also build brands for tomorrow. Gerry’s favorite story about business is how to make it grow.
Clients who work with Gerry move their brand identities and selling stories far beyond the same-old, same-old category generics into fresh expressions of their authentic brand values and promised customer experience—all together they tell the story only their brand can tell, drive leads and revenue, and end-run the competition.
His narrative approach has improved results for B2B, B2C, professional service, and Non-Profit clients. He particularly focuses on B2B marketers to add the human, psychological, and emotional dimension to why people buy from his clients. His tools have gotten marketing and sales on the same page for more effective targeting, lead generation, and close rates.
He has worked three of the top five global ad agencies in New York (McCann, Ogilvy, and DDB), and served as Corporate Marketing Director at Ferrero USA. He has led marketing, sales, advertising, public relations, promotions and research initiatives for both global and domestic clients and brands. In recognition of his contributions, Gerry has received two Effies from the American Marketing Association and two David Ogilvy Awards—awards for marketing and communications effectiveness–and the Toy Marketing Association’s Award for Best Marketing, Advertising, and Promotion.
Though Gerry spent most of his working life in New York City and now in Philadelphia, he was born and raised in the Midwest where he raced a stock car on dirt tracks as a teenager. He still goes fast and clients think he has good ideas a mile-a-minute.
- United States
- North America
- Europe (UK, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg
- President, VP Marketing, National Speakers Association, Phila. Chapter – 2015 to 2018
- Executive Committee, Ferrero, USA. Global Brand Task Forces, Ferrero S.p.A. Italy
- David Ogilvy Awards (2) for Marketing Effectiveness and Communications in an Outstanding Manner
- Effie Awards (2) from the American Marketing Association for Marketing Effectiveness for Hershey and Unilever
- Participated in Edison Award Winning new product development with Hershey
- Toy Marketing Association Award for Best Marketing, Advertising, and Promotion