Background and Experience
John Cassimatis is a Strategic Business Advisor and Consultant to growth companies. John retired from Grant Thornton in September 2022 where he was Managing Director and Leader in Grant Thornton’s Advisory Life Sciences Practice. He currently serves as a Board Advisor to several companies and non-profit organizations and is involved with several community philanthropic initiatives. Previous to Grant Thornton, John was President and Co-Founder of TayganPoint Consulting Group (a leading regional management consulting company) which was acquired by Grant Thornton in October 2018. John began his career at Arthur Andersen and then subsequently held executive leadership positions at Kepner-Tregoe, Ernst & Young and First Consulting Group’s Life Sciences consultancy.
John has had the privilege to work with some of the world’s leading corporations and professional service firms assisting them with their key strategic and organizational transformations. His area of expertise includes business transformation, strategy development and implementation, business process improvement, organizational re-design, and change management. with a focus primarily on Life Science and Professional Service companies. His functional experience includes Finance, IT, HR, Shared Services, Operations, & R&D.
John believes very much in giving back to community and serves on the Board of several non-profits focused on underserved youth and health and wellness. In his spare-time he enjoys golf, biking, and triathlons.
- B.S. in Accounting & Finance – Lehigh University
- “Leading Professional Services Firms” Executive Education-Harvard Business School
- Board Advisor, Executive Leaders for Advisory Boards (ELAB)
- Board Advisor, Consuli
- Board of Trustees, Millhill Child and Family Development Center, Trenton, NJ
- Board Member, Hillsborough YMCA, Hillsborough, NJ
- Board of Trustees and Past Board Chair, USA Triathlon Foundation
- Board of Trustees, Giving Hope Network
Professional qualifications and memberships
- SmartCEO Magazine’s Brava! Award – 2014
- Emerging Executive for the Year – Philadelphia Business Journal Innovation Awards – 2014
- Certified Whole Systems IQ Change Management Coach
- CPA – Not Active