Entrepreneur, Thought Partner, Angel Investor, Board Advisor
Larry Evans is like a modern day Lewis and Clarkfor business. He loves to explore fully all facets of a company – its product, people, culture. industry, and processes. He listens to stories, both inside and outside the company. He then goes to his vast network to bring opportunities for financing and growth to the companies he serves. Larry always shares his best advice, and he will not hesitate to recommend when a company should grow, when it should pause, and when it should NOT take certain planned actions that may exhaust resources, both human and financial.
Summary of Business Impacts
- Founded, built, and sold Right Management,an NYSE public consulting company.
- Merged two major Connecticut Arts organization into the Connecticut Grand Opera.
- Midwifed 100s of startups, many successfully funded. Personally angel-invested in 33.
- Did successful business development in international banking.
- First investor in a $100MM private company licensing proprietary 3D w/o glasses and producing displays; introduced them to major PE and to major potential strategic alliances.
- Founded a company that provided Board Advisory services; served as Director or Advisor to 7 companies.
- Expanded international loan portfolio for 3 major banks, in export financing (with EXIM bank interface) and international correspondent banking relations. Extensive international travel.
- Science and engineering
- International Banking
- Angel & Early-Stage Investing
- Line Management (C-level)
- Board and Advisory
- Startup Angel Investing
- United States
- Central America
- Right Management (Public, consulting)
- Garden State Engineering (Private, Civil Engineering)
- ESM Solutions (Private, E-commerce)
- EWD (Private, Blue Tooth technology)
- Knite Inc. (High Tech ignition system)
- Stream TV International (Private, 3D without glasses)
- World Affairs Council, (Co-Chair)
- CT Grand Opera (Co Chair)
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- National HRPS
- Executive Leadership Advisory Board (ELAB)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Southern New England)
- Larry A Evans Day, bestowed by Mayor of Stamford, CT for contributions to the region
- S. Naval officer; Qualified in Nuclear Submarines, nuclear engineering and weapons,
- Elected VP, and Chair, student Senate, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Certified Wharton/Spencer Stuart Board of Directors Institute, Spencer Stuart
- University of Utah, NROTC Scholarship, BA, Physics
- Stanford University, Graduate School of Business, MBA