Forward Looking Leader, Risk Manager, & Business Partner
Lisa Ann Cooney’s 27-year career spans the legal, staffing, construction & engineering, and government & defense industries. Lisa is part of Day & Zimmermann’s senior executive team, and she helps to shape the vision for the future of this 3.5B privately-owned, family business. Lisa is a business-minded Chief Legal Officer — the first female to hold the role in the Company’s 120-year history, and she subscribes to the vision that attorneys are partners, not impediments, to business operations.
Lisa holds a BA from Rutgers University and a JD from Rutgers University School of Law. Lisa serves on the Corporate Governance Committee for the Forum for Executive Women and is a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers, the Association of Corporate Counsel, and the Philadelphia Council for Business Economics. A life-long Philadelphia sports fan, Lisa resides in Burlington County, New Jersey, where she is an supporter of and advocate for the Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge.
- Day & Zimmermann Leadership Council (2020 to present)
- Habitat for Humanity, Board Member and Executive Committee Member, 2013-2018
- Rutgers University School of Law: Lead Research Editor, Rutgers Law Journal; and Lyndon B. Johnson Fellow
- Day & Zimmermann: Recipient of the Mary M. Yoh and H.L. Yoh Jr. Community Service Award (given to the employee who best exemplifies dedication to the community through participation in charitable and civil causes); 2-time nominee for Eugene J. D’Ambrosio Project Manager of the Year Award (for M&A work); and selected for and participant in D&Z Executive Development program
- Recognized by Staffing Industry Analyst as among its “2022 Global Power List of Women” for strength and leadership in the staffing industry