International Business Advisor, Operator, Board Director
Mark Hassenplug is an international business advisor, operator and board director. Throughout his career, he has served as a trusted advisor, c-suite mentor and board consultant on significant issues related to strategy, finance, organization, operational improvement, innovation, digital technology and mergers and acquisitions. With a strong results orientation, he has been successful in increasing growth, improving margins, reducing costs and enhancing competitiveness for a number of organizations. Currently, Mark serves as the lead board member for ZH Healthcare, Inc., a disruptive healthcare technology company and creator of blueEHR.
Mark has served over 50 clients on five continents during his career spanning emerging growth to global Fortune 500 companies. Through his experiences, Mark has gained an appreciation for diverse cultures and amassed a wealth of international business experience leading and advising companies across multiple industries including healthcare, life sciences, consumer products, manufacturing, software, high technology, oil & gas, professional services and the public sector.
Previously, Hassenplug served as President of Maetrics, a provider of life sciences services, where he drove a strategic enterprise transformation initiative resulting in record profits and margins. Before leading Maetrics, Hassenplug was a partner with Ernst and Young where he served as the Global Life Sciences Advisory and Supply Chain Leaders and Global Pharmaceutical Markets Leader driving the firms’ life sciences business operations and focusing on specific growth enablers, including key global relationships, leadership initiatives, solution development and revenue enhancement.
Earlier, Hassenplug was a managing director with BearingPoint, the successor to KPMG LLP’s consulting operation where he was a partner and held a number of executive level positions.
During his career, Hassenplug has been an expatriate in Saudi Arabia, Syria, The Netherlands, Egypt and Canada. He is frequently sought out to provide insight into the key industry issues and has been quoted in a number of publications and media outlets including: Wall Street Journal, Alto Nivel (Mexico), Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News, Chemical and Engineering News, Pharmalot, Pharma Voice, Elsevier Business Intelligence, Pharmaceutical Technology Europe, Financial Post Magazine, Clinica Medtech Intelligence and several Chinese periodicals.
- Life Sciences
- Professional Services
- Supply Chain
- Disruptive Technologies
- Board Director
- United States
- North America
- South America
- Middle East
- ZH Healthcare, Inc. (2015 – present)
- Advisor to a number of private and publicly traded companies
- Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America (2017 – Present)
- Alumni Committee Chair (2017 – present)
- Development Committee (2011 – present)
- Finance Committee (2010 – present)
- Potsdam College Foundation (2010 – 2017)
- Founding Chairman, Potsdam College, Business Department Advisory Committee (2009 -2013)
- Habitat for Humanity of Chester County, PA (1999 – 2006)
- Chair, Development Committee (1999 – 2003)
- MBA, Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
- BA, magna cum lude, Geography, State University of New York Potsdam
- Mr. Hassenplug is frequently sought out to provide insight into the key industry issues as a guest speaker and panelist.
- He has been quoted in a number of publications and media outlets including: Wall Street Journal, Alto Nivel (Mexico), Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News, Chemical and Engineering News, Pharmalot, Pharma Voice, Elsevier Business Intelligence, Pharmaceutical Technology Europe, Financial Post Magazine, Clinica Medtech Intelligence and several Chinese periodicals.