About Prelude Solutions
Cate Heaman is Founder and CEO of Prelude Solutions. Established in 2016, Prelude Solutions provides telecommunications consulting and new services solutions to mid-market and enterprise companies by auditing the services and providers for savings using a success-based model. Prelude averages 33% savings which is 11% higher than the industry norm using their talented analysts with over 20 years’ experience.
Prelude Solutions sources 300+ talented Telecommunications and Service Provider Partners around the globe through its channel partner program and direct master agent program. Prelude headquarters is in Malvern, Pennsylvania with virtual employees throughout the US. Since 2016, Prelude Solutions has been the recipient of many awards, including The Philadelphia 100 Fastest Growing Companies, Telarus Rising Star North America, Advantix Mobility Deal of The Year, PBJ CFO of The Year Award Honoree and Prelude Solutions is a Certified Women-Owned Business with WBENC and SBA WOSB certified as well.
Average Customer Savings
Advisory Board Formed
Telecommunications & Service Provider Partners
Cate recognized the opportunity to materially accelerate Prelude’s growth and planned to pursue multiple growth strategies for the business allowing scaling into new markets and new service lines. With this vision in mind, Cate recognized she needed help to enforce and execute a plan that would allow Prelude to:
- Grow the core business while launching new service solutions
- Grow managed retainer savings solution for on-going revenue streams
- Grow new services for monthly percentage of revenues on lifetime client contracts
- Grow leadership talent and mature the operations
- Implement automation process for entire operations and project management
- Build Prelude sales and marketing engine
- Rapidly identify and on-board new employees
- Expand local presence into new geographies
- Grow the channel program for new partners and agents
- Maximize diversity and inclusion opportunities for spend in the Fortune 1000 and below space using our WBENC and WOSB certification
- Implement a pay-it-forward model supporting non-profit organizations such as WBENC
To meet these challenges, in 2020, Cate began exploring the possibility of working with a group of Advisors as she matured and built out her vision for the business. Cate engaged in an ELAB Growth Company Catalyst session for personalized feedback regarding her business plans through her lead business advisor, Candida Seasock. Cate enthusiastically chose to establish a three-person ELAB Advisory Board while adding her own CFO to meet monthly to review strategy and operations. Cate hopes to expand this group with additional ELAB Advisors in the future.
Cate is a passionate and visionary leader. She leans on this Advisory Board for continuous review and feedback on validation, strategy, cultural growth, process automation and general good business practice. Cate has confidently led Prelude Solutions through growth that has doubled in both revenue and employee size while keeping profit margins the same from 2020 to 2022. Prelude Solutions is on a trajectory to double again in revenue in 2022 while increasing headcount and keeping profit margins intact. Prelude Solutions continues to gain clients in the fortune 1000 space and below while providing quality customer savings of an average of 33% and improving their technology roadmap. The Advisory Board continues to provide incredible support, validation, advice while taking a hands-on approach to solving our well-deserved growing pains.